One-Stop Career Centers
Official Title: One-Stop Career Centers
- Funding History
One Stop Career Centers helps job seekers, particularly those receiving unemployment insurance, improve their skills and navigate the job search process. These centers help workers adapt to the changing needs of the state economy and also help employers find new workers.
One Stop Career Centers offer resources for both job seekers and employers. For job seekers, Career Centers include job search assistance, access to online job listings, career counseling and coaching, networking and guidance on unemployment insurance, and access to computers, resume building software and reference materials. Also, centers offer specialized services for veterans, dislocated workers, disabled workers, and other targeted groups. Specific Center programming varies based on the needs of local communities.
For employers, services include access to qualified applicants, job postings, help with planning job fairs and other recruitment activities, assessments of job candidates, and information on training grants and tax credits.
The Massachusetts Workforce Development System comprises 16 Workforce Investment Areas, led by 16 employer-driven Workforce Investment Boards (WIBs) currently operating 33 One-Stop Career Centers across the Commonwealth. To find a Career Center near, go here. The boards themselves are funded with state and federal dollars, as well as from private donations.
Updated January 2017
- Workers with Disabilities
- Workforce Development
- Advanced Manufacturing Workforce Development Grants
- Community College Workforce Grants
- Digital Health Internship Incentive Fund
- Employment Services Program
- Health Care Workforce Transformation Trust
- Learn to Earn
- Nursing and Allied Health Education Workforce Development
- One-Stop Career Centers
- Pathways to Self-Sufficiency
- Re-Entry Demonstration Workforce Development Program
- Secure Jobs Pilot
- Train Vets to Treat Vets
- Workforce Competitiveness Trust Fund
- Workforce Training Fund
- Youth Engagement
- Gang and Youth Violence Prevention (Shannon Grants)
- Gateway Cities Career Academies
- Safe and Successful Youth Initiative
- School to Career Connecting Activities
- Transitional Employment Program (Roca)
- Youth Violence Prevention Grants
- Youth-At-Risk Matching Grants
- YouthBuild Grants